The PA raises money to advance the education of the pupils at the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities for education at the school, not normally provided by the funding authority.
Funds are raised from a range of events, including a Year 7 bingo night, an annual Christmas fair and quiz night, and a social evening for the incoming Year 7 girls and their parents in the summer term. In recent years, funds raised have enabled the PA to pay for:
- the refurbishment of the maths building (Hyde House)
- the refurbishment of the Year 7 area (Lady’s Close)
- lighting equipment for the Hall for school productions and music events
- the refurbishment of The Curve, next to Lady’s Close (an area used for recitals and hire)
- a school minibus
- a new trampoline for PE lessons and after school clubs
- furniture for the Sixth Form block (Tennet Centre)
This would not have been possible without parents’ support, and with your help, we can do more.
If you would like to get involved, do come along to our meetings, or e-mail us at email@example.com
You can find a list of our meeting dates for 2020 here.
We are always keen to welcome new members and hear ideas.
Chair – WGGS PA
Join us on Saturday the 25th April at 7pm for our annual family quiz night, hosted by Susie Benjamin of Beats School Uniforms.
Click here to reserve your tickets